The first documented mention of the Seighof in the Glemmtal valley was made in 1366. The Seighof emerged from the Krummfeichtengut, which had existed since 1222.
The Seighof was acquired by our great-grandfather in 1893 and is now in the fourth generation of family ownership.
A few key points in our history:
1366 First documented mention
1596 Reported major fire
1893 Our great-grandfather takes over the Seighof
1922 Electricity arrives - first light bulb lights up
1950 The first four guest rooms
1971 Extension creates additional guest rooms
1997 Extension for sauna and apartments
1999 Monumental protection granted for the house chapel and renovation
2002 Largest renovation so far
2008 Seighof becomes CO2 neutral: woodchip heating, solar energy system
and heat recovery
2014 Seighofalm rebuilt after a 100 year break
2019 Establishment of the Schindelricht hut